Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Bill Aycock" <billaycock@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 15:39:00 -0000
Hi Bill,

Well, I have one of those in my barn hanging over the workbench. It has a
coat hanger wire coming down from each of the four mounting holes. Its real
easy to get the correct angle to provide the 50 ohm fed point impedance. I
also have a Diskcone in the attic that covers 144/223/440. They both use the
same principal as far as the skirt is concerned. You adjust the skirt angle
to obtain the desired feed impedance.

I suspect the WWV antenna is a little more sceintific, but the same
principal should apply.

   * 73's Jim W5IFP *