Re: [TowerTalk] New 259B Analyzer.... need Elmer(s)

To: towertalk@contesting.com (TT), chas <chasm@texas.net>, WZ8P <wz8p@wz8p.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New 259B Analyzer.... need Elmer(s)
From: hdmc38@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:17:48 +0000
I run Lithium ion batteries in my 269.Long shelf life and no problems after 2
years. I just turned it on 17.8 volts. You can pull the pouch over the knobs
gently but surprise you won't be able to read the frequency because the pouch
covers the lettering. Try to get the antenna about 10' off the ground and in
the clear as much as possible. The tune control can be a little touchy but
you'll get used to that. When tuning tune for low SWR at your resonant
frequency. It may not read exactly 50 ohms. but somewhere close should work.
Good luck.
--
73 K4XZ Joe Patrick