Re: [TowerTalk] New 259B Analyzer.... need Elmer(s)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New 259B Analyzer.... need Elmer(s)
From: Andy <ai.egrps@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:10:49 -0400
> I like the idea of the blank plug IF there is actual drainage with the
> unit turned off.  that raised rim around the red button makes it
> rather difficult to turn it on OR OFF for that matter<G>

That raised rim is a recent addition.  Most don't have it.

The blank plug addresses the problem of accidentally turning it on when you
store it, which was/is a frequent problem.

As far as I know, the '259 itself draws zero current when it is shut off.

Rechargeable batteries do indeed self-discharge, at higher rates than
primary (non-rechargeable) batteries.

> 4.  any other sites I should read in addition to the manual?

Tom Rauch W8JI designed it for MFJ, and he has some notes about it on his
website, including an accurate calibration procedure which he says is the
one you should use if you ever need to re-calibrate.

Andy