[TowerTalk] DX Engineering Beverage Question

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering Beverage Question
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:41:49 -0600
Hi Gang,

Now that Spring is here (more or less), I'm finally getting around to
installing beverage antennas and wanted to solicit suggestions and comments.
I'm thinking of using the DX Engineering bidirectional beverage system. My
plans call for two bidirectional beverages, each 720 ft long, so that I can
switch into four quadrants. The three end points (they meet at a single
vertex) will use 4x4 posts set in the ground, with intermediate 2x4 posts
spaced 120 ft apart. Height above ground will nominally be 7 ft - 6 in.  I
want this to be a "permanent" installation, which will be in place
year-round.  I notice that the DX Engineering writeup (based on the W8JI
design) for their products differs somewhat from the ON4UN beverage
recommendations, and wonder what experience folks have had with both?

Tnx and 73,

Jim Garland W8ZR