[TowerTalk] LADDER LINE

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LADDER LINE
From: "CRAIG CLARK" <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:41:01 -0400
WHAT IS THE BEST LADDER LINE?

Commercially, only one company makes ladderline these days so ............
it is the best.

Here is the URL you can go and look at the different styles JSC makes.

http://www.radio-ware.com/products/ladder.htm

It is PVC window line and the last manufacturer to make a true ladderline,
Saxton, shut down many years ago.

I have used dowels boiled in paraffin and hard drawn copper wire to make
mine. The PVC pipe version works too.

I favor the stranded wire versions as it is more resistant to damage from
continuous flexing. That said, I used #18 single strand CC steel windowline
for a number of years with an end fed Zepp and was quite pleased with it's
performance.

Craig Clark K1QX
Radioware
PO Box 209