Re: [TowerTalk] Dummy Load

To: "'Fred Mott'" <fredmott@zoominternet.net>, "'Scott MacKenzie'" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dummy Load
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:21:19 -0400
Scott, I might have missed this but what BRAND of antenna is this?  If it is
an M2, take a very hard look at the gamma match.  The one on my 7ele is of
72ohm cable. The cable was cut and "F" connectors were attached to the ends.
The center conductor on ONE side of this was not LONG ENOUGH to make contact
with the CENTER conductor attachement point, where of course your FEEDPOINT
from your station's coax is.  I ended up having to alter this slightly to
make sure that enough of the center conductor of that 72ohm cable made
contact inside it's female counter part up there.  Just a thought.  - Mike