[TowerTalk] Tower Fun on Field Day in St. Louis, MO

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Fun on Field Day in St. Louis, MO
From: "Derek Cohn/WB0TUA" <vibroplex@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 10:29:19 -0500
Hi Everyone,

As we have done the past 3 years, our little group is going to put on a Field
Day in the St. Louis, MO suburb of Clayton.

This past year, we put up two towers:

* 4 sections of Rohn 25G on a tilt base with a Ham IV rotor and Mosley TA-33 on
top

* 4 sections of Rohn 25G on a tilt base with a 20 foot mast holding an all-band
doublet (135' long) fed with balanced line

I don't have an opportunity to put up a tower at my home QTH so this is my once
a year tower "fix".  I get to play with assembling (and disassembling!) a
tower, beam, etc. and have learned so much by doing so.

If you would like to join us for some fun with towers, etc. over the Field Day
weekend, we would welcome your participation.  Perhaps you're considering put
up a tower and would like to see one way to do it or just to get some
experience putting a whole system together.

We have a yahoo group mailing list for this activity and here it is:

Thanks and 73,

Derek Cohn
Morse Telegraph Club - Alton Chapter
Office UD, Sine DJ