[TowerTalk] Request Info On Multibabnd Vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Request Info On Multibabnd Vertical
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 21:13:03 -0700 (PDT)
Interested in a installing wire vertical at a temporary QTH.  Been looking at
the 43' All band Verticals.  Why was this length chosen?  Would I be better
served if I were to make it longer?  I have a tree branch 70' tall to hang it
from....An Inv Vee or dipole are not options here, as it needs to be stealthy...

Will still use an UNUN with a choked feedline to a wide range tuner.  Look
forward to your responses.

73,
Ed NI6S

PS:  I suspect 43' is a happy medium to make to make the SWR reasonable on all
bands, through the UnUn/Tuner.  Was also contemplating an auto tuner at the
base, but an UnUn will alow me to use the amp, unless I fork out $1k for an
auto tuner capable of handling >500w.