Re: [TowerTalk] HDX 572MDPL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX 572MDPL
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:31:32 -0400
A crane may be a good choice if you have the access. I had a 75 foot crankup
tower at one point that needed to mount atop a big pipe-like structure. It
took a crane operator all of 30 minutes to get it up (mostly initial
positioning of the crane) and less to take it down. The crane had to sit
about 40 feet from tower erection site. At the time there was a minimum two
hour charge for crane and operator. (In putting up the tower the crane
operator was off by less than 0.25 inch on the mounting hole alignment on
his first try at a little over 40 feet away.)

I was fortunate that most of the moving I did with tower was over concrete
and I used an engine hoist on casters to move it until the actual erection
which was done with a crane. Not a good solution over soft surfaces.

73, Larry  W6NWS