Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi re-build question

To: Brian Machesney <nekvtster@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi re-build question
From: John Kemker <john@kemker.org>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 01:32:28 -0400
Mag wheel cleaner works pretty well.  However, you need to be careful
with it, as some brands contain diluted hydroflouric acid.  I've used it
for cleaning oxidized aluminum, but was careful to use nitrile gloves
and LOTS of water for rinsing.  All that really needs to be cleaned,
however, are metal-to-metal contact surfaces, such as where tubing goes
into tubing, etc.  No need to clean the entire antenna.  For that, I've
just started using a Scotch-Brite pad and a bit of elbow grease,
followed by some form of anti-oxidant grease.

--
--JohnK
73 de W5NNH

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090520-0, 05/20/2009
Tested on: 5/21/2009 1:32:28 AM