Re: [TowerTalk] Another Cage Question

To: "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another Cage Question
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 19:20:23 +0000
My question is... is there a perceived problem with the inverted L as it is
now?  Since you feed it with a tuner there isn't a bandwidth problem.  Any
efficiency gain from more wire in the air will probably be small, and may be
offset by higher capacitive coupling to the tower from the increased surface
area.  Then there is the added wind/ice load area if you are in an area
where that matters.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net