[TowerTalk] tower ID help needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower ID help needed
From: petesias@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 08:23:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hello to the group,

If possible I need some help in finding the manufacture of a tower that I
purchased from state surplus. Hoping I can then get the engineering data for
use in re-erecting portions of it.

The 300' tower was disassembled to 20 foot sections with all hardware saved but
I can not find a placard or stamped ID anywhere on a section including the base
'feet'.

The 20 foot triangle section legs are made with 4" 'over-bent' angle iron, 1/4"
thick with a tower face dimension of 40". There are 6 of these sections with
the remaining sections made with 3" angle iron. All cross bracing is bolted
with 1.5" angle iron. Sections are joined by a sandwich arrangement with 8
bolts per leg per section.

Hoping this short description will 'ring a bell' for someone to help with the
ID'ing or some information to point me in the right direction.

My other option is to do the calculations and make an educated guess on base
size. I am open to suggestions on this also. I have the soil type and
compression data around here somewhere.

My plans are to install 90' in a poured base and guyed to support HF yagis. If
I am still feeling the need to do it again, put up 140' for a 40 meter beam. I
totally realize this is over kill but using this tower is cheaper that going
with more Rohn 25 or 55 and it should be educational, hi hi.

Thanks in advance,

Pete   NØOY