Re: [TowerTalk] g 1000dxa alignment

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] g 1000dxa alignment
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 21:44:54 -0400
Thanks, all for the input.  In particular Dennis and Hans, for the
firsthand experience.

So far, I've determined that you have to align it, pointing North,
(got my compass and plastic owl, right here.)   in order to avoid
interference
between the stops and the housing-boss.

But I've got an error equal to half the overlap region, which
suggests the top housing
is 45 degrees offset from where it belongs.    What I apparently did
is set the rotor to
the center of its rotation, NOT to the North position.

The indicator may be within calibration range, once I fix that.  The
trick is not to lose your sense
of direction, while turning the unit over twice, to disassemble.
(Or your bearings, either!)

If there's any good news here, it's that I'll be an expert at this,
before I'm done.
Will reduce the procedure to a post, for future reference.

The big mystery?   Will there be any E skip remaining on 6m when I
get this done, and the
M2 yagi up!

Jim/N2EA