Re: [TowerTalk] tramming preparation

To: towertalk@contesting.com, dxhawg@windstream.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tramming preparation
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:21:22 EDT

In a message dated 6/2/2009 10:29:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time,

>  I am preparing to use a tram method to remove an M2 15M6  from my tower
when
the wx cools down this fall.

>  I have  some experience as I have successfully trammed two M2 10M4s up
and
down  from my tower, but nothing as big as the 15M6.

>  I have a  plan, but am inquiring for safety tips and procedural tips
from
anyone  gracious enough to provide them.

        Well, if you've done it  successfully before then you're basically
good to go. You didn't go into any  details so I'd surmise it'll work FB.

        Bigger antennas tend to be  more off-balance at the boom-to-mast
bracket than smaller antennas so rig it as  best you can balance-wise. It
might not be possible but you can slide your boom  slings back and forth a
little to compensate. Otherwise just bring it down as  best you can. By the
time
it hits the ground, it'll all be history anyway.

        The easiest mistake to make  is to have the haul rope on the wrong
side of the boom. It needs to go BEHIND  the boom - on the mast side of the
boom - and you won't have any problems.

Cheers & GL,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH