[TowerTalk] Fw: Force12 Mag2/2 2el on 80/75 & 40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Force12 Mag2/2 2el on 80/75 & 40
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 11:29:16 -0700
From: Al Williams
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 11:27 AM
Subject: Fw: Force12 Mag2/2 2el on 80/75 & 40

----- Original Message -----
From: Al Williams
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 7:58 AM
Subject: Force12 Mag2/2 2el on 80/75 & 40

I would like to get in touch with anyone that has experience with the subject
antenna or knows of someone that has had experience with it.

I purchased it several years ago and then purchased a Steppir Monstr so I don't
need the 40m capability of the 2/2 although it might be nice to have.  The Mag
2/2 is still in the box and I am trying to decide whether to attempt to put it
together and install it on my second 70' crankup.

The 2/2 uses linear loading at the drive end.  I haven't been able to get
satisfactory results with my modeling using wire for the tubing.  I don't know
if the problem is the modeler or the antenna?

The 2/2 appears to be a complicated assembly and also a complicating tuning
process. The 2/2 has two relays that will switch the freq
to the hi or lo part of the band as well as a small freq discursion on each end
of the band.

As I already have two wire 80m inverted vee dipoles at right angles to each
other that are about 100' high at the center and 70" high at the ends, I
suspect that the 2/2 would not show much improvement and would not be worth the
effort. I use a tuner with my wire dipoles so I can go anywhere in the band ok.

k7puc