Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800DXA Not Rotating

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800DXA Not Rotating
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:25:23 -0400
I have a KenPro KR2000. Yaesu bought out KenPro many years ago and the
KR2000 was converted to the G-2800DXA. I had a problem where suddenly the
rotator seemed to have limited rotation looking at the control unit. The
rotator actual did its full rotation. The KenPro CU has a couple of zeners
that seemed to go bad in my case. The zeners are part of the meter circuit.
I also had trouble with pot in the rotator at the same time. The pot became
flaky and it was a pain to replace. Getting the pot in and getting the gear
drive for it correct took a bit of doing. At one point I didn't get the gear
attached to the pot correctly and would get a similar indication as you
describe as the pot would rotate to the stop and then slip in drive gear.
The pot is a 500 ohm deal with an extra wire on it that I was able to get
from Yaesu in California. I suspected perhaps some sort of lightning related
event triggered the initial problem but found no evidence to support any
conclusion.

73, Larry  W6NWS