Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting Polyphaser IS-RCT to SPGP

To: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting Polyphaser IS-RCT to SPGP
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 01:22:50 -0400

Peter Dougherty wrote:
> My Round Tuit finally arrived and I’m hoping to have my single-point entry
> panel finished in a couple of weeks. What I’m trying to figure out the
> proper way of mounting the Polyphaser IS-RCT (8-terminal rotor control
> protector) to the panel. It’s a solid box with a ¼”-20 one-inch stud coming
> out the top and there are no mounting flanges on the box. My original plan
> was an 18 x 24” copper or aluminum plate to which all the suppressors would
> be mounted, and 2” strapping to the bonded system. The thing of it is, none
> of the polyphaser devices are made for panel mounting—neither these IS-RCT
> boxes or the high-power coax supressors, which are bulkhead-mount only.

http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm (2nd image on left)
shows a single Polyphaser, bulkhead mounted. They also have a right
angle bracket so may be surface mounted on a flat Aluminum or Copper plate.
In my case I used a 1/4" thick Aluminum plate, but the above box is
getting replaced with one much larger with an internal plate of at least
12 X 12", or maybe 16 X 16"

If the polyphasers are bulk head mount only just mount a piece of 1.5" X
1/8" Aluminum angle on the back plate and drill it out for the polyphasers.

73

Roger (K8RI)