Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help-Triex H 354 Tower (Not LM 354)

To: <kq6i@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help-Triex H 354 Tower (Not LM 354)
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:38:05 -0400
Craig,

Try taking your worn out parts to a local machine shop.  They'll be happy to
reproduce the parts for you.

Our last supplier of TRI-EX towers, cables, and parts is a small operation
and has to make a decision on each request as to whether there is any
reasonable profit possible. I suspect most partial tower refurbishment
projects like pulley replacements are a loss leader for the business. Now if
you were to order up all new cables, pulleys, and bolts, etc., you might
have gotten a response but you probably wouldn't have wanted to spend the
money to do a full refurbishment.  That is the delima for a small business
like Tashjian.

One thing is for sure...bashing Tashjian in a public forum doesn't help him
or those of us the rely upon his services to maintian our end-of-life
monuments to mid-century crank-up towers ;-)

GOOD LUCK,
Dave
wa3gin
TRI-EX CT-100 Owner