[TowerTalk] Ground Screen AND A Loop Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground Screen AND A Loop Antenna
From: wb0m@Flashdog.us
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:00:13 -0500
"I've thought about adding a ground screen directly under the loop
about half the  length of the horizontal wire (since it slopes upward)."

That should have been "under the longest side of the right-angle loop,
the bottom wire, that slopes upward".

And thanks, Jim, but if I could have learned the answer from my ARRL
antenna book I would not have asked in the first place.
My thought process was since the antenna is close to the ground at one
corner, and antenna close to the ground have losses unless that ground
is improved, adding a ground screen would help the antenna.
I was curious if anyone else had tried this.
But, I will go back and re-read my antenna book and take my question
to eHam.
73,
Jeff/wb0m