Re: [TowerTalk] yagi tapering conversion

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] yagi tapering conversion
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 20:54:26 -0700
On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 22:34:52 -0300, Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB wrote:

>Hello,

>I have a couple of yagis in hand which I would like to convert to the
>projects presented on the ARRL Antenna Book.

>Their element tapering will not match the ones in the handbook projects.
>Is there a software or calculation that I could use to "translate" the
>handbook tapering into what I have in hands?

Yes. There is DOS software distributed with the ARRL Antenna Book that
will scale any design for one frequency to another frequency, and also
allows changing the diameters of elements and their tapering. I've used
it. Being DOS software, it's menu driven and not as easy as more modern
software, but it works. I think it's called SCALE or something obvious
like that. Look on the CDROM, or in the directory where the software from
the CDROM gets installed on your computer.

73,

Jim K9YC