[TowerTalk] private emails not getting through Re: Recent posts

To: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: [TowerTalk] private emails not getting through Re: Recent posts
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:56:47 -0700
Bill Tippett wrote:

> P.S.  I don't have a lot of patience with folks who are too lazy to
> search the archives or read private emails sent directly to them.

With respect to the latter, emails can go astray for a variety of
reasons.  Over the years, I've set up various and sundry aliases (e.g.
w6rmk@earthlink.net, w6rmk@arrl.org, jimlux@ieee.org), and in some
cases, they don't forward reliably.  (Earthlink, in particular, seems to
forget about forwarding after about 6 months, unless you log in and
"touch" the account every once in a while).  Or, I've had forwarding
chains, and one of the links breaks.

Finally, over effective spam filters can sometimes silently get rid of
things, although thankfully, this is becoming more rare.

jim
w6rmk