[TowerTalk] SteppIR Wiring Problem

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Wiring Problem
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:39:14 -0700
Crew,

I just got my SteppIR up to 120 ft and it's giving my awful SWR
readings. In troubleshooting, Using an ohmeter with the control cable
disconnected from the controller, I'm reading open circuit on one of
motors for the driven element. All other motors read normal (28 ohms
from my controller), and they worked fine with that controller and
that exact piece of cable at 20 ft. For further troubleshooting, I've
broken the control line at the base of the tower, and the open is
above that point. I suspect a broken wire or bad splice at the boom,
but am wondering if there is a limit switch or any other form of
protection that might have kicked in?

73,

Jim K9YC