[TowerTalk] Building Top Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Building Top Vertical
From: "Doug Rehman" <doug@k4ac.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:29:13 -0400
We need to replace the Hamstick dipole on top of our EOC with something that
will offer reasonable performance on 75/60/40. The EOC is in a five story
building.

Here are the limitations:

1) It's for an EOC, so the survivability needs to be in the neighborhood of
100 MPH

2) It must be a vertical- no wire antennas allowed

3) No radials on the vertical (unless they're only about 18")

4) It will be mounted to the wall of the elevator penthouse

5) It can be tied into the perimeter lightning ground

6) No guy wires

7) The simpler the better

I'm leaning towards something like a marine HF antenna with an auto tuner at
the base (I know the auto tuner violates the simple part, but it needs to be
usable by persons with limited knowledge- a manual tuner is out of the
question).

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug