Re: [TowerTalk] coax cable shield grounding

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, "Towertalk e-Goups" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax cable shield grounding
From: "Dave - AB7E" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:49:55 -0700
Hi, Pete.

I've been using some angle stock I bought at Home Depot for that same purpose.
It's steel about 1.5 inches on a side, has both round and oval holes, with some
sort of bright plated finish.  I just drilled out a few of the holes to enlarge
them for the barrels and then bolted the angle stock to my tower, both at the
top and at the base.  They've been there about 18 months with no sign of
rusting so far, although admittedly I live in Arizona ;)

You can see a picture of one at the bottom of this page:

http://www.ab7e.com/AB7E_Antenna_Page_4.html

73,
Dave   AB7E