Re: [TowerTalk] No concrete for a Rohn tower base

To: "Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] No concrete for a Rohn tower base
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:04:04 -0700
YEP .. I have done that at least 20 times ..never had a problem doing so,
and will be doing it with my 40' aluminum crank up ... with about 3 feet in
the topsoil .. after that my yard gets right darn hard down there..
Yeah, I know ... we are all supposed to use a few yards of concrete, but I,
like Rick, know the simpler way worky worky.  The alumina tower will be
firmly held to the workshop addition to my house, at about the 18' level.
Either a 3 el tribander or a six meter monstor on it ... trying to see what
I can get away with, considering across-the-street house is the abode for an
assistant city engineer....  =];?}   Mark  AA6DX