Re: [TowerTalk] HG52SS base

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HG52SS base
From: "VO1HP" <fdavis@nfld.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:46:19 -0000
In Oct 2005 I installed an HG52SS.  I designed a T base similiar to that used
by US Towers and had a local machine shop fabricate and galvanize.   It took a
few iterations of a wooden model of the base to get the hole right but it
worked out FB.  The tower has worked out well so far.  Regular 100 kmph winds
in wintertime...during some of these gales I have cranked the tower down but in
some others I have left it up at full height.  The antenna is an EXP 14.  The
tower is guyed to the top of the first 20ft section only and the guys help to
share the load with the base.

There is a 5"diamx 9ft permanent gin pole installed on the concrete base .  The
gin pole facilitates very easy one man crank over .

See phots on www.vo1hp.ca

73 Farnk VO1HP