Re: [TowerTalk] How a folded dipole works

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How a folded dipole works
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:43:01 +0100
Martin,

I agree - it's a good way of explaining how the impedance transformation
arises.

But it's important to realise that, even when you're not using zip cord,
the currents in the two wires are NOT the same all along the length.
They have the same amplitude, but away from the centre they have an
increasing phase difference until at the end of the antenna the currents
are 180 degrees apart. Check it on EZNEC and you'll see what I mean.

As I say on my web site, there's more to a folded dipole than meets the
eye :)

73,
Steve G3TXQ