Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex 6M624 antenna

To: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>, "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex 6M624 antenna
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 12:51:18 -0700
I don't have the 6M24 drawing, although I did own the antenna for years.

The Hy-Gain six element beam for 50 MHz is a near carbon-copy knockoff,
however.  The only real difference between the Telrex and the Hy-Gain is the
Hy-Gain used clamshell element clamps to attach the elements, whereas the
Telrex ran the elements straight through the boom, except for the driven
element which was insulated.  They both use a T-match and coax balun at the DE.

Maybe that will help -- the Hy-Gain instructions, dimensions, etc. are on line
at their website.

WB2WIK/6