[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA rotor

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA rotor
From: "Hans K0HB" <K0HB@ultradx.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 21:34:28 -0000
The power transformer on my 8-year-old Yaesu G-1000DXA rotor puked and died, so
I've ordered a new transformer from Yaesu.

The old transformer, model KT-28-A is an "open frame" style with numbered
solder terminals.

Current production transformers, model KT-28-E-3, don't have numbered solder
terminals, but rather colored wire outputs (unfortunately not labeled).

Does someone have a recent G-1000DXA (or G-800DXA) who wouldn't mind lifting
the cover to tell me the wire colors of:

1) 110V primary
2) 28V secondary to the PS board (bottom board)
3) 16V secondary to the CNTL-Unit board (top board)

Thanks!

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his Radio"