To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 81, Issue 32
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:08:23 -0400
Look at it this way: the deflection reading on the Loos gauge due to
stiffness is a constant, totally independent of tension. With no
tension, 100% of the deflection is due to stiffness. As the tension
increases, more and more of the deflection is due to tension, until you
reach a point where the contribution from stiffness is swamped out.

How can it be any other way?

Steve K8LX