Re: [TowerTalk] fall arrestor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] fall arrestor
From: Eugene Jensen <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:22:15 -0400
Safety Harnesses come in a lot of different styles and as such some do not
have side D ring. That being said if you are hooked to your side rings and
are hooked to the fall cable's facing forward it will engage so quickly you
will only fall 1 foot or so and can regain your footing without being
injured as in a fall over 6 feet and your body taking a hard shock being
spread over all of the contact points of your harness. I wonder if different
technique are used for a leg climb on step bolts cable system's as a fall
system's on a ladder. I have step bolts on my SSMW at the moment as just as
a way to climb until the tower is finished with a ladder with a cable
system. 73 Gene K2QWD