[TowerTalk] C3SS + 17M dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3SS + 17M dipole
From: "VO1HP" <fdavis@nfld.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:15:51 -0000
In  previous posts I had inquired about the rivet of C3SS  elements  in order
to setup the antenna for the low end of each band.  The antenna is now erected
and pictures can be seen at  the link below.  17M homebrew dipole 5 ft above
C3SS and inline with boom.

Antenna pictures....copy and paste into browser:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=crabappleorama&target=ALBUM&id=5385556214635798609&authkey=Gv1sRgCNWUwd-4qNSWUg&feat=email

For 10 and 15 I have left one hole uncovered in  the tips of the driven
elements and the SWR curves are
21.000   1.2
21.100   1.1
21.200   1.1
21.300   1.2

28.000  1.6
28.100  1.5
28.200   1.4
28.300   1.3
28.400   1.2
28.500   1.1

However low end of 20M SWR in 2.1:1.  Have adjusted linear loading closer to
the boom and no adjustment room left .
Here are SWR points.  Does this look right??.  Antenna at about 40ft and SWR
measured at end fo about 120ft of coax.

14.000    2.1:1
14.050    1.6:1
14.100    1.4:1