Re: [TowerTalk] To Stack or Not to Stack?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] To Stack or Not to Stack?
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:32:04 -0400

Yes, it will make a BIG difference particularly as sunspots increase.
One can never have too many antennas at various heights.  35 feet might
even be a bit too high when ten comes alive again.  Now stacking the two
might be more work than its worth as they are different boom lengths.
Use separate feedlines and an a/b switch and you will be amazed how
often the low antenna will be superior on some paths.  73 bob de w9ge

>>I have a 70' Crank up with a 3 ele Steppir at the top.  Works great!  Want
>>to, perhaps enhance this by adding another tribander (Hygain TH3 or similar)
>>at 35' for short path and simultaneous monitoring in different directions....
>>
>>Any real benefit to adding a second tribander at 35'?  Or should I just stick
>>with the status quo?  Wondering how helpful a Stackmatch would be helpful in
>>this instance?  Your thoughts are appreciated.
>>
>>73,
>>Ed NI6S

Bob Finger
8511 Swann Haven Road