Re: [TowerTalk] Weather station

To: <jdiez@adinet.com.uy>, Tower talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weather station
From: "David Olga Stein" <elfarocommunications@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 07:41:24 -0700
I can tell you from first hand experiance they are great and work well, and you
can send your data up to weather underground and CWOP etc...

BUT, they don't work well in a high RF environment, even if you use it
wireless, the anemometer and rain gauge still have to be wired to the main
sensor unit. un less you can locate them quite far from your antennas you will
wipe it out even at 100 watts, at least this has been my experience and that of
a friend of mine, he has since purchased a Davis which is RF proof, if there is
such a thing. but in any case it works well for him at leagal limit rf output
in close proximity to the antennas

73, David Stein    KE6ENI

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me