[TowerTalk] Concrete base spec info requested

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete base spec info requested
From: "Ray" <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:32:31 -0700
I am pouring two tower bases on Tuesday. I am looking for some general info
on the concreted needed for the bases. The towers are older, US Tower -
MA770 and a Tristao - CZ 471. Both engineering details (1999 and 1977) state
the concrete Fc is 2000 lbs. I think this means the compressive strength of
the concrete. I thought the typical strength is 2500 lbs, and if I remember
correctly, on another 70 ft tower I poured 30 years ago, I used 3500 lbs
strength.

Can anyone tell me if I should be using 2000 lbs concrete? And are there any
other additives that should or could be used?

Ray,
N6VR

(Near Prescott, AZ)