[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM-470 Tower Limit Switch Operation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM-470 Tower Limit Switch Operation
From: "Larry Essary" <larry@pulse.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 18:40:23 -0600
I have just about finished my re-furbishing and installation of my LM-470 tower.

I was working with the motor today.    The tower goes up and down and the lower
limit switch works
but the upper limit switch does not.  The tower keeps going up once it trips
the upper switch.
If I remove the upper limit switch cable from the controller  the tower will
not go up at all.
My assumption is that the upper limit switch is working properly and the
problem is in the controller.

Anyone have any ideas on this problem ?

Also... are the motors on these towers VERY noisy ?   Mine makes a LOT of noise.

tnx,

Larry K5XG