Re: [TowerTalk] Dumb Question

To: "'Scott MacKenzie'" <kb0fhp@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dumb Question
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 21:42:44 -0600
You need to observe the signals over a period of time.  Keep the data in a
notebook so you can have an accurate record of what you observed (heard).
You will probably notice that the antennas will compare differently on
different nights and on different signal paths.

For one thing, the angle of arrival for the DX signals will likely be
variable.  This will affect how either of the antennas will show up in your
notebook.

Typically (on the lower bands), the vertical will do better on low-angle
signals and the loop would probably do better on high-angle signals.

This is a good reason why you need more than one antenna, particularly if
you are using wires and can't rotate them.

1138 Waters Edge Circle - Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (office) - 318-393-3289 (cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics