Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower installation

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower installation
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 02:23:19 +0000
They were 43" long with a 4" helix, 5/8 shaft and inserted to within a few
inches of the ground and into our firm Alberta heavy clay..... They were
galvanized and had a welded eye. The welding on the helix looked well done.
 I think they were purchased at either UFA or HomeHardware, cost was around
12-15$ if I remember (fall of 2008).  I have a homemade drive system using a
 hydraulic motor and gear reduction (mounted to the front end loader) to
screw them in.  It is effortless for this size - I usually use the bigger
ones made from 2 3/8" pipe (8' long) with a 10" helix - and those are close
to the limit of my hydraulic system.

73 Don