[TowerTalk] Fwd: antennas in fresh water

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: antennas in fresh water
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 23:24:24 -0500
I believe with a dielectric constant around 80 the water surface will
act as a good reflector especially as the graze angle is small. This is
the same way as glass can reflect light and is regardless how good the
water is conducting.

The water surface will act as a very good reflector up to the moment
any waves are large enough to be of similar size as the wavelength.

73 de

Hans N2JFS

Rob's comments would suggest that at the bottom of the lake, where the
water
is in contact with the earth, the conductivity would be good, just like
wet
earth with an insulator above it - so while the WATER is not doing the
radials' job, the bottom of the lake IS.

      -Rex-

     K1HI
       Rex Lint
       Merrimack, NH