Re: [TowerTalk] Cable working load/breaking strength...///

To: noddy1211@sbcglobal.net, KJ6Y@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable working load/breaking strength...///
From: Bill Winkis <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:54:03 -0500
*Here is what the folks at Amtec are saying... I use there cable grips...
*

*The broad application of AMTEC Grips on a wide variety of objects
requires that adequate safety factors be used to establish a safe
working load. The ratio of the listed approximate breaking strength to
the normal working load is the safety factor. As an example, a safety
factor of ten (10) would then mean that the working load is established
by dividing the catalog listed approximate breaking strength by ten
(10), or it can be stated that the working load is 1/10 of the catalog
listed approximate breaking strength.*

*Now read below....
*