Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical dipoles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical dipoles
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:14:58 -0600
John Tait wrote:
> I think you're looking at the 80m antenna, not the 160m version. The cap
> hats on the 80m are 66ft tip to tip, and the 160m hats are around 130ft
> .    Please read Rudy N6LF's QEX articles on the links provided.. Please
> also read Tom W8JI's and LB Cebik W4RNL's comments on my page.

I read all those references before I commented, hoping to find a reason
for the error.  I am looking at the 160 meter version (not the 80 meter
version), and as you described the top wire is 130 ft tip to tip (two
wires end to end each 65 ft is the same thing).  The bottom wire is also
130 ft tip to tip (or two wires end to end each 65 ft), 10 ft above
ground, and the vertical wire is 45 ft.  It appears that EZNEC doesn't
agree with the description on that page.  I can only speculate on the
reason for the difference.

Jerry, K4SAV