Re: [TowerTalk] Water in Coax

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Water in Coax
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:39:40 -0500
On 11/25/2009 Roger (K8RI) wrote:

...snip...
> A "pin hole" can be very difficult to find as can a cracked jacket at times.

> 73

> Roger (K8RI)

This leads to the "dumb questions are the ones not asked" for me

I'm having a new tower/antenns etc installed this spring, and the installers
usually use LMR-400.  I'm seriously thinking of installing heliax (or heliax
flex)  instead, simply because I hear that it does NOT have problems with
water/has a longer life (and the better signal does NOT hurt)

Thoughts from the list (10m to 40m - about 125ft, plus probably replace my
2m/70cm coax run at the same time, while the crew is here)

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com
My Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always
possess arms,
 and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787