Re: [TowerTalk] Bumps in coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com, gdadx2@clearwire.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bumps in coax
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:03:45 EST

In a message dated 11/26/2009 10:48:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  During my regular inspection of my coaxial cables, I  noticed 2 or 3
hard
bumps along the length of the cable.  These bumps  or pimples, do not break
through the outer jacket, but look as if they are  on the verge of doing so.
These bumps, or whatever, are small, about 1/8th  inch or so.   Any idea
what
they are, or what causes  them?

        I'm not sure how those  bumps would appear in normal use. Assuming
they were there when it was new,  they're manufacturing splices. You'll find
them in some RG-8 coaxes but not in  RG-213 or other higher grade coax.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH