Re: [TowerTalk] Electrically lengthening a boom

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Electrically lengthening a boom
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:48:10 -0500 (EST)
I use 36 foot booms with insulated elements for my 10 meter 6 element stacks.
36 foot booms degrade the performance of 20 meter antennas within 500 feet, and
the degradation is serious within 200 feet.

My detuning approach is both direct (requires no adjustment) and effective.  My
36 foot booms are sectioned into three 12 foot pieces, coupled with Type LE
phenolic tubing.

73
Frank
W3LPL