Re: [TowerTalk] Isolated Mode Antenna Technology

To: Bill Aycock <billaycock@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Isolated Mode Antenna Technology
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 17:18:38 -0500
If I read it correctly and bear in mind it's been 20 years since I did
integrals...
"To me" the math just looks like they are calculating the power Vs
polarization from angles of zero to Pi/2 and 0 to 360 degrees although
I'm more than a little hazy on double integrals.

Bill I think it was you that said it looked more like an add than
technical paper with which I agree.
It doesn't look like that big a breakthrough to me. I disagree with
their conclusion that two antennas with completely orthogonal patterns
come up with zero except in mathematics. These are very small antennas
apparently operating at angles to each other in the near field, possibly
with a phase delay thrown in.
I can see where using phasing and feed point positioning how they can
end up with multiple feeds at different phase angles, polarization, or
even frequency from an intellectual approach, but I'd doubt it's that
simple in real life, easy, or efficient.  Then again, I said I was
pretty hazy on the math and they didn't define all of the terms.

"To me" It looks like they are trying to run full duplex
(spatio-temporal = location and time = position and phase or frequency?)
on something like a cell phone.

IOW I don't know any more than any one else in here. <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)