Re: [TowerTalk] Splicing and weatherproofing ladder line

To: anthony <k2vi@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Splicing and weatherproofing ladder line
From: Bill Winkis <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 07:53:38 -0500
Make your splice, solder it well and dress it a perfect as you can..
-Shrink tube each joint..
-Break the head off of two plastic spoons
-Align and center the plastic sticks over each splice
-Go to Lowes an get a blue (color) tube of "loctite Epoxy Putty"
-Follow the instructions on preparing the putty.
-Form the putty around (360) the splice/stick etc..make a small bridge
of putty between the wires to maintain the distance between the two wires...
-Allow to set...
...I have made test splices using this Loctite Epoxy Putty and have
maintained waterproof joints going on three years...some tests are
underground in wet soil...some are on 450 to coax joints etc...some are
securing Bazooka joints....etc

Bottom Line...It Works!!

-Bill
kc4pe@bellsouth.net