Re: [TowerTalk] Half sloper recommedations needed

To: rlvz@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Half sloper recommedations needed
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:53:55 -0700
Answer 1:  Likely so, although with a half sloper the tower and
everything connected to it becomes part of a complex radiating system so
it's pretty much a crap shoot what the interactions are.

Answer 2:  Very difficult to say.  See Answer #1 above.

Answer 3.  Possibly.  If the tower is short enough not to be close to
resonant, you might end up with a merely short Inverted-L with less
destructive interaction.

Suggestion 1:  Why not shunt feed your 90' tower?  I'd bet it would
knock the socks off any sloper or Inverted-L hung from that same tower,
and it isn't any more difficult to build.

73,
Dave   AB7E