Re: [TowerTalk] Mystery Vertical: a Mosley RV-x Model?

To: "'Larry WA9VRH'" <wa9vrh@dishmail.net>, "'Phil Snyder'" <n9lah@comcast.net>, "'W1JCW'" <W1JCW@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mystery Vertical: a Mosley RV-x Model?
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:26:54 -0000
Hi Folks!
OK, with no radials, and in a partially clear area with the base about five
feet in the air, it seems to have a relatively low (< 2:1) SWR at about 8,
15, 21 and 25 MHz.
This is quite promising!
The return lead from the 75/80 kit was not connected while this was being
done and all the clamps and nuts could use a quick wiggle and tightening
before going forward with more tests.
I am going to do that and also cut and add radials for 40 and 20 meters
before moving this up and away from the house.  Then I'll run further tests!

As they say, "Film at 11:00" or for those of you in the Midwest, "Film at
10"!
:-)

Thanks & 73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT