Re: [TowerTalk] More Rohn - How?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More Rohn - How?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 22:30:38 EST

In a message dated 1/6/2010 6:41:04 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  It was dumb how it happened. I was down to the last 4  sections, where
the
first set of guys were, and in a fit of sheer "stupid"  it seemed like a
good
idea, as long as I was up there, to unhook the guy  cable over the leg of
that
section, then climb down and initiate a sort of  controlled fall to speed
up
the process.
>  Thankfully the  tower had a concrete base that was lodged in muddy soil
and
did not fall  like a rock, but still pretty fast.

    I don't understand the failure mode. So you were  trying to do a
controlled fall and it hit you? What's that got to do with  unhooking a guy
cable?
Did the base move in the ground and it fell? Please  clarify. Tnx.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC