Re: [TowerTalk] neverseize on tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] neverseize on tower legs
From: Tek Supp <teksaport@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 22:46:22 -0700
I second the "...but it's hard to manage aloft...".  It was not pretty nor fun
in getting those up there and using them, but it was all I had at the time, and
I made sure to tie off everything to a lanyard (the jack, the 2x4's and the
jack crank arm).  Most importantly (if I may offer this adivce), watch your
face/head when the section you are trying to get loose, does come loose.  As I
mentioned previously, that section was being pulled from below (via ginpole),
and when the section came loose, it shot up (and back down), and the jack and
2x4's took a leap off the tower and ended up against me with a few bruises to
match (luckily though they were still attached and didn't hurt anyone or
anything below.

I looked into the TowerJack and didn't buy it, but wished I had something
easier than what I ended up doing.  So whatever you do use, tie it off and
watch out.

Thanks

John

K7ALA